PCI security for merchants and payment card processors is the vital result of applying the information security best practices in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The standard includes 12 requirements for any business that stores, processes or transmits payment cardholder data.
PCI Compliance involves the following:
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Protect Cardholder Data
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Maintain an Information Security Policy